The SASA 2014 LOC is applying for funding of full-time students to attend the SASA 2014 conference through the recently awarded Center of Excellence.
1) Students applying for this funding must either already be registered for the conference and submitted an abstract or register now and present a poster.
2) A presentation/poster presentation is compulsory.
3) Students should apply for this funding through their department's head and all applications submitted as a whole from each institution to the LOC. Application Form.
4) Refunds will be made after the conference to successful students who attend and present. Students should thus make payments themselves (or through their departments) beforehand in order to attend. All invoices and proof of payments will be required to receive refunds on expenses. Reimbursements will be made based on the recieved funding and paid out proportionally.
5) Applications must get to the LOC by Friday 3 October 2014 at 11am.
SASA 2014 Student Competitions
There will be two competitions for student presentations (posters and oral) at the SASA conference. Prizes will be awarded for the best posters at Honours and Masters level, and the best oral presentation at the PhD level.
To enter the student competitions, you have to be 35 years or younger at the time of the conference, and a registered student.
- Best oral presentation, judged at the PhD level – 1 cash prize sponsored by SAS
All participants entering this competition will be judged at the PhD level. Participants for this competition will give their oral presentations in the ‘Young Statisticians (Competition)’ stream. This award will be given to the best presentation using analytics, and is sponsored by SAS.
Who can participate in the oral competition?
- If you are a PhD student.
- If you are a Masters student. Please just note that you will be entering the competition with PhD students, and will thus be judged at the PhD level.
- Best poster presentation, judged at the Honours and Masters level – 2 prizes, an iPad Mini and iPad, sponsored by The Institute of Applied Statistics (IAS)
Participants entering this competition will be judged at either the Honours or Masters level. Participants for this competition will present their posters at the cocktail function on Tuesday 28 October 2014.
Who can participate in the poster competition?
- If you are a Masters student, you can present a poster on your Masters project.
- If you are a first year Masters student, you can present a poster on your Honours project, if your Honours project was completed in 2013.
- If you are an Honours student, you can present a poster on your Honours project.
- If you are a first year PhD student, you can present a poster on your Masters project, if your Masters project was completed in 2013.
To submit your abstract for your oral presentation or poster please first register for the conference and then login and submit your abstract.