What’s the BIG idea? Well, join the Department of Mathematical Statistics and Actuarial Science at the University of the Free State and the South African Statistical Association (SASA) at the 59th Annual SASA Conference from 27-30 November 2017 to find out. Discussions and workshops will cover BIG sets of data and how to handle them, BIG and extreme value modelling, and BIG computer tools, like SAS. (Key Dates)
New seas of data are generated daily. Let the pioneers among us set sail to new discoveries by means of analysis. Several streams are available where current progress will be presented on actual discovery. Those who stay on land and develop new models will also present their work and discovery for BIG data handling. Be sure to get the latest and greatest methods before you set sail.
What will be new this year?
- We added two social events to experience a little of the city of roses called Bloemfontein.
- Not entirely new, but our venue will be off campus, and not affected by the political environment.
- We will not print all the abstracts in booklet format. This will be available in a single PDF format on the web when the programme has been finalised. Make sure you print this or simply view it on your mobile device. Rather go green!
- We hope to attract more delegates from our sister community in Actuarial Science, and therefore added a workshop with statistical applications in reinsurance, as well as a dedicated actuarial stream. Please spread the word.
- Free State hospitality of course!
Please join us at this great networking opportunity at Ilanga Estate, and let BIG things happen.